Monday, July 16, 2012

My Classroom - The Befores

Well, it's finally happened.  I got to see my classroom today! I have to admit, I got a mix of underwhelming/overwhelming feelings all at the same time when I walked in.  I was a little underwhelmed because it looked very empty and very...well...blah. But I have to remind myself that there is nothing in it so the blahness is only temporary.  I felt overwhelmed because it's just so EMPTY and I just feel like I have so much to do before my kiddos come in less than 4 weeks. But I do love how big and spacious it is! And there seems to be a pretty good bit of storage space, which is always a plus!

So let me give you the grand tour...
(I didn't bring or do anything in it today.  I just went to look, so these before pictures are completely authentic.  They show the room exactly how it looked when I walked in and saw it for the very first time!)

View when you first walk in the door


View from the back, right side of the room

View from the back, left side

My desk area!

Front of the room

Side wall and windows

Back of the room

Back of the room, part 2

View from my desk where I will be looking on as my little friends work

So there you have it...my room! I will update on the progress, but I may skip the pics and save all "after" pictures until the very end of summer, right before my kiddies come, when it's all bright and clean and ready.  That way the transformation will be much more visible and jaw-dropping (whoa, that's some serious pressure I'm putting on myself -- I better get crackin')

And of course, any suggestions are welcome!


2 comments:

  1. It's gonna be great!! You've been planning this classroom for years. I can't wait to come help you. I might be almost as excited as you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Blah? It looks great! So much potential! Can't wait to see the end result :)

    ReplyDelete