Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Let my teaching journey begin!


Hi all,
I just received my very first full-time contract for the 2012-2013 school year!  I am going to be a third-grade teacher (!!!) at a Catholic school just outside of Houston.

I decided to start a blog because 1) I am semi-addicted to other teaching blogs (and Starbucks lattes, hence the blog name), 2) I wanted to be able to document my very first year of teaching, and 3) I wanted people (friends/family/whoever/mostly my mom) to be able to check in and see what's going on in my classroom whenever they want!  

Seriously, I could think and talk about anything and everything teaching-related all day long (just look at my Pinterest boards).  Problem is, (as hard as it is for me to understand) most people don't get as excited about school supplies or children's books or bulletin boards as I do.  SO I found a way to talk about all that on here so that anyone who wants to listen can, and anyone who doesn't, doesn't have to (though you should really consider it) (Seriously, it's exciting stuff.)

I hope to start posting pics once I get the key to my room and can start setting up.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment